Exam Deferrals

For classes in the Faculties of Arts and Science: Final exam deferrals can be requested through the Deferred Exam Application under the Minerva Student Records menu

For all other Faculties: Students should consult the relevant Faculty Student Affairs Office. 

Students in all programs except Medicine, Dentistry, and Continuing Studies can have an exam deferred for the first time without needing to provide supporting documentation. This means that your first exam can be deferred without a medical note. This includes the following faculties: 

  • Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
  • Arts (includes the Schools of Social Work and Religious Studies)
  • Education
  • Engineering (includes the school of architecture)
  • Law
  • Management
  • Science

More information on final exam deferrals, including eligibility and likelihood of approval, can be found here.